suspension woes

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: suspension woes
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 13:05:50 -0600
I am trying to cure a couple of probelms with my TR6's suspension. I
will send out two messages so as to keep each simple as I believe they
are for the most part independenet of each other.

Problem 1 - Standard TR6 squat problem. Compounded by the fact the
driver's side sags more than the pass side. I would like to rectify
this. I am planning on replacing spings and possibly installing the
nylatron kit from TRF (any other sources for this?).

Desired outcome - I am looking to cure the squat and sag. I am not
looking to lower my car to improve handling or any other reasons. I
would like to eliminate the squat in both static and accelerating modes.

So what are the suggested steps to address the problem? Prior postings
from listers suggest various combinations of springs, spacers, bushing
kits. I am quite confused. Is there a definitive answer for this? I also
am led to believe that the later TR6s had different requirements than
the older ones. Not sure what this is about (different car weights
perhaps) but my car is a late 76.

Thanks for any help.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada

PS. Problem 2 is coming in my next message.