Re: TR3 Radiator removal

To: musson@arts.usf.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Radiator removal
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 12:38:57 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com
I also agree with terryann.  Did this just last summer, and decided to try
without removing the apron.  Spent hours and hours, and finally got stymied
when I couldn't get the bolts out of the front of the fan while the rad was
in place, even though it was loosened and tilted forward as far as possible.
 On the other hand, my other TR3 had almost an inch of additional clearance
between the fan and the rad, so maybe it can be done on some cars and not
others?  Once I decided to take the apron off, it went smoothly, with a lot
less cussing.  Did the whole job, on and off, in less time than I had spent
trying to remove the rad without removing the apron
Paul