Re: Running rough

To: CAMHI ALAN <camhi@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Running rough
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 09:20:22 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Alan,

I'll let another lister approach your misfiring problem.

> Also, I have a spare gasket that I can use but I thought I did a good job
> replacing the first one(obviously i was wrong).  Does anyone have any
> experience with gasket/sealers in a tube that can be used for valve
> coversand if so, can they recommend one?  Also, does overtightening the
> two nuts that hold the valve cover down, affect the sealing perforamnce
> of the gasket.

> Is there a tightening specification  for valve cover screws?

In a word, yes. Sealing valve covers and oil pans can be tricky. I am
emailing you personally a rather long explanation of how to get a good
seal on an oil pan, as described by former list member Tony Robinson.
The concept here is the same, even though the valve cover isn't secured
by bolts around the lip.

If anyone else wants to read Tony's excellent advice, email me.
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/