Re: Airboxes

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Airboxes
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:34:39 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Philip E. Barnes wrote:

        [snip]

> The TR6 airbox also has the two stubs which would be perfect for a pair of
> hoses to admit cold air, yet I've never seen any that had these. I am not
> an expert (my wife reminds me), but I don't think any TR6's ever utilized
> this feature. Any comments on this?
>
> Phil Barnes
> Cortland, NY (nowhere near New York City)
> peb3@cornell.edu
> '71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)

Phil:

I know exactly what you are describing. I think only the early TR6 had
the stubs from the air cleaner housing. Don't recall if it was '72 or
'73 when they changed, but the later versions have only a rectangular
opening in the front of the housing. Otherwise, housing shape is the
same as earlier models.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)(with a '74 engine)
1970 Spitfire (under the knife)