Re: Low (?) Oil Pressure

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Low (?) Oil Pressure
From: Brian Day <1briand@mail.airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:55:30 -0500
I'll vouch for Peter's temp. readings.  My TR6 is a '73.  With the Texas
heat just starting, my temperature gauge has yet to climb above the 1/2 mark
(ten minutes of heavy stop and go traffic) and spends most of its time
around the 1/3 mark.  Some day I'll test to see what the temperature of the
coolant REALLY is, but it gives me great piece of mind to see a temperature
gauge at that level irrespective of what the true temperature is (how's that
for lying to oneself?)

Oil pressure is 80-90 at start-up and after thirty minutes of driving, will
settle in at 50-60 lb/sq in. at 2000-3000 rpm and approximately 25-30 at
idle.

Brian Day
73 TR6
Dallas, Texas