Re: Numbers of TR's built (was Re: miatas)

To: fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us
Subject: Re: Numbers of TR's built (was Re: miatas)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:34:03 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-06-11 01:00:52 EDT, fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us (Chip Old)
writes:

> > G) Brakes - disc front (modified over the model run), drum rear ( 9 or 10
> > inch shoes)
>
>  The TR4 never used 10 inch rear drums.  The switch to 9 inch rear drums
>  was made late in TR3A production, at commission number TS56378, and that
>  size was used from then through the TR6.
>
>  -----------

Thanks, Chip.  That's right.  They were having trouble with the rear brakes
locking up  and so went to the smaller diameter.  BTW - lesson for me - I put
the "or 10 inch" in the sentence at 1130 pm after looking at the Haynes
Manual (p178) - which manual I have now corrected.  :-)
 A quick check, this lunch time, of my other sources shows 9inches from TR3A
(TS56378) through the TR250's.  I assume you are right on the TR6 since I
have only a little data on those.
SO - I should have left the "or 10 inch" comment out and double checked my
other sources last night.

For all - this shows how easy it is to go astray unless one cross checks.
 (If I had ordered a set of 10inch rear shoes - and the catalogues do list
10inch shoes although for early TR3's - I would have had to return the 10inch
ones and wait for a re-shipment).  Haynes manual (on p.178 under TR4 specs.)
needs to be corrected from 10 to 9 inches.

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L