TR-6 questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-6 questions
From: Hugh Barber <piglet@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 22:32:06 -0700
I,m in the process of building a motor for my '73 TR-6 and I have a couple
of question that the collective may have answers for.

1.  I need recommendations as to good machine shops to the San Jose, Ca
area for a hardened (unleaded gas) valve seat installation and valve job.

2.  Are there any machine shops in the San Jose, CA area that know how to
do the
thrust washer upgrade (second thrust washer on back side of bearing cap,
pinned
in place) ?

3.  I have heard about a trick clutch setup that TRF is selling that
supposedly
used a combo of Toyota/Volvo/Saab parts.  The only problem is TRF sells it for
a small fortune.  Does anybody have the scoop on what the correct part
combination
is so one could just purchase it on the open market ?

Thanks in Advance,

Hugh Barber
Santa Clara, CA
piglet@earthlink.net