BRG Color QUESTION re-visited

To: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BRG Color QUESTION re-visited
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 1997 14:57:28 -0700
All:

I've received two responses to my "Is there a modern equivalent to the
original TR 4A British Racing Green?" question that imply it's just a
matter of saying "I want BRG for my TRiumph TR 4A"....

Yet... in practice... I see so many versions of BRG on re-painted TR's
that I have doubts that simply requesting my year's TR's color isn't
going to guarrantee me the proper color...

Anyone have specific experience with this?  Like actually comparing a
paint sample to the virgin BRG found under the carpet of the back seat?
:)

When I painted my first TR 4A... the BRG ended up being very bright...
it didn't look like the original BRG...

Generally I'm not an original freak when it comes to things that can
easily be replaced by OEM...  but paint is different... I'd like it to
be original...  (though I am putting a stripe on the car! :)

Justin
jmwagner@greenheart.com
Los Angeles