Z-S Carbs and oxy fuels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Z-S Carbs and oxy fuels
From: "Theis, Karl J" <THESKJ@edex.litc.lockheed.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 09:23:39 -0700
Disposition-notification-to: <THESKJ@edex.litc.lockheed.com>
I am having a problem with fuel leaking past the o-rings of the
needle adjusting doodad on the bottom of my carbs.  I rebuilt both
carbs in '94 and last year replaced th o-rings after the front carb
started leaking fuel out the bottom.  I found the the o-rings to be
cracked and brittle (after only two years of use).  Now, the carbs
are leaking again.
Is there something in the oxygenated fuels served to us here in
Denver that deteriorates rubber?  Oxy fuels are created using either
MTB(?) or ethanol.  Should I avoid one or the other?  Are there
O-rings on the market that are resistant to  oxy-fuels?  Any comments
will be appreciated.  Thanks.
Karl Theis
'67 GT6 KC6353L
'68 GT6 KC11856LO