Re: The new ones

To: James Jones <jamjones@online.no>
Subject: Re: The new ones
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 23:15:50 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
James Jones wrote:

> returned to it and am glad.  So, I would agree, we should wait.  The mettle
> of a true classic is the ability to draw you back.  How many of the new
> miata, etc owners will buy a wreck someday and bring the dream back to life?
> Wait and see.

A very good point, James. Although we may have to wait a while longer
than anyone of us care to linger.... Unlike the Triumph, Miatas will
probably be built in infinite variations for another twenty or thirty
years.... <g> Hmmm, wonder when _Mazda_ is going to go out of business?
<g> I guess I've settled the issue, in my own mind, by the assumption
that the Miata is a jellybean disposable car--although... I can envision
those kids previously mentioned, twenty years from now, rummaging around
in junkyards for Miata parts. <g>

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....