FW: 1969 TR-6 Distributors

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: 1969 TR-6 Distributors
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 12:45:32 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:     global taboo body match
"/triumph.cs.utah.edu/i" at line 50  global taboo body match
"/triumph.cs.utah.edu/i" at line 52]

     Date: Thu, 29 May 97 15:57:00 PDT
     From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
     Subject: Re: 1969 TR-6 Distributors

You can try installing an electronic ignition which is not sensitive to a
wobbly distributor shaft.  Best I've seen is the Pertronix unit.  Everything
fits under the cap and only two wires run out to the coil. Very rugged, easy
to install and keeps the origional look.

Mike

I have a 1969 TR-6 which has been running poorly.  Rough idle, lack of
acceleration, and intermittent miss at a steady speed.  It is at a local
shop and he has put it on his engine analyzer which has shown excessive
dwell variation and excessive timing variation.  He attributes this to a
bent or worn distributor.  The car has approx. 63000 miles.  The '69 dist.
has both a vacuum advance and retard.  Originality is secondary to
performance for me, so is a later TR-6 distr. an option or is there an
aftermarket version that someone has had luck with?  The '69's are not easy
to find and the Roadster Factory catalog seems to indicate that only the
later dist. are interchangable.  I have been a subscriber for a few years
now but this is my first posting.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!
                                           Don Emery
                                           Crown Point, IN