Gear Lever Cover

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Reply Requested)
Subject: Gear Lever Cover
From: Alan.McEachran@anixter.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 13:55:14 -0400
Here's one for you.  I'm trying to pull the engine on the TR6 and am using the
Bentley bible.  I've had no problems until this one.  Any suggestions on how to
pull the Gear Lever cover?  Mine is the bolt at the front, locating pins at the
side, no slot variety.  It seems to be giving me a very hard time.  I am
currently coaxing it with a vice grip pipe clamp, complete with chain.  It
really is a tough one though.  Since replacements aren't listed in Moss or TRF,
I don't want to use destructive removal practices.  Any suggestions???  How
hard can this be anyway??