powder coating?

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: powder coating?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:54:52 -0600
I have the original battery retaining bar on my tr6 which is the king
covered in a thin rubbery plastic. Due to the old battery leaking its
juice in the past, the rubber has worn away in places and the metal
underneath is covered in a light layer of rust. I would like to "detail"
this bar and am looking for ideas.

One alternative is to bead blast the bar and powder coat it.
Unforutnately a local shop indicated this would be $20! Seems high to me
but that is based on their minimum charge.

Another option is to bead blast the bar (I assume thsi would be cheaper)
and then apply a suitable coating myself. Any suggestions on this
coating? Or maybe some "thick" paint? (I know nothing about what kinds
of coatings are avialable for this kind of application).

Thanks in advance,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada