Re: TR6 Speedo help needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Speedo help needed
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 14:12:45 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I'll backup the observations of others on TR6 speedos and offer the
following:

RPM's   Gear    Speed
2000    1       10 MPH
2000    2       20 MPH
2000    3       30 MPH
2000    4       40 MPH

All speeds are very good first order approximations.

I've been going by this model for 25 years.

Note: It's fun to drive through a small "berg" where the posted speed is
25 MPH in 1st gear. Raises some eyebrows. You sound much faster than you
are actually going. Cops always tell me to slow down, but they never pull
my over (knock on my real wood dash board) for speeding.

FWIW, when I did a valve job, there was very little carbon on the valves.

;-)
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Just a few.