A fix for that gap in window trim -

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A fix for that gap in window trim -
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 06:19:02 -0700
I've had that nagging problem of the chrome plastic window trim on my GT6+
hatch window shrinking and creating a large gap that the little clip could
no longer cover.  This does not seem to be a problem on the front
windscreen, hummm.  Anyhow, this was quite annoying, besides being quite
unsightly, and I really didn't want to replace the trim number 1, because
it's such a pain and number 2, because it would eventually do it all over
again!  I was hoping to just get a longer clip but none were available.  So
I purchased another (2) little clip(s) and butted it right up against the
other one, centering the very small seam in the center of the car.  While
not concours, it certianly looks MUCH better.  Covers the gap perfectly.  I
had to use a dab of silicone sealer at the joint to secure but sure saved a
lot of work - just thought someone else might like to try this idea, works
great!

Barry Schwartz in San Diego,CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6 Spitfire ( 5 speed's mounted, working on tranny cover )
70 GT6+ (daily driver for now)
70 Spitfire (body repair on hold see above)