Re: Unleaded fuel

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Unleaded fuel
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 06:39:13 +0100
Glenn:

I think you'll be alright until you have the chance to work on the head.
The effects are supposedly quite long-term in nature, and would require
much hard driving and high speed operation at that.  You mentioned hardened
guides, and I'm not aware that this is the problem.  Definitely the valves
are, as well as the valve SEATS, which you didn't mention.  My TR6 motor
has hardened valve seats on the exhaust port only, and according to my
machinist, (if my memory is correct) this was all that was absolutely
necessary.  The valves themselves, although new, were not hardened if I
recall.

Good luck!

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6