Drain hoses in bulkhead, water inside car?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Drain hoses in bulkhead, water inside car?
From: dynamic@transport.com (Pete & Aprille Chadwell)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 06:39:09 +0100
Hi again.

Can plugged or leaky "bulkhead drain hoses" (for lack of the proper term)
cause leakage of water into the footwells?  My TR6, despite a new header
rail seal and a new windshield frame seal, still lets in water somewhere,
and it ends up as a (small) puddle under the dash on both sides, right in
the middle of the footwell.  (incidentally, the top is new too.)  Anyway,
I've never been into it far enough to inspect these hoses, and have never
had the front fenders off.  Any ideas?

Pete Chadwell

1973 TR6