Re: TR3 - Seat Belt locations

To: Doug Mathews <tr3run@peachnet.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 - Seat Belt locations
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 10:52:12 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I wrote:

> >Jack, I have at home some original, on-factory-authorized-distributor-
> >letterhead some Standard-Triumph service bulletins that address this exact
> >question. They included full-size templates, which are ok except that they
> >were hand-drawn done for "ditto" reproduction (boy, those were the days,
> >eh?). However, I think some measurements are given as well.
> >
> >These bulletins were aimed particulary at Connecticut dealers due to state
> >regulations that took effect there circa 1962.

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Doug Mathews asked:

> Could those be scanned and placed as a TECNICAL BULLETIN  in the VTR tech
> pages? If others have access to other technical buleetines, "lost" factory
> info, VTR would be a good place to keep them, and make it easy to download.

I'll look into it. The pictures may have to be redrawn (I don't know how
well the purple "ditto" ink will scan). Also, the bulletin sheets I have
don't detail whatever hardware kit was supplied to complete the
installation.

I also plan to run this in a future issue of _The Vintage Triumph_. VTR
has long encouraged use of seat belts and does NOT subtract points in
judging for belts installed in cars that were not originally equipped with
them (of course they are required for autocross).

--Andy