Re: Registering my new TR6 in NJ

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Registering my new TR6 in NJ
From: billsohl@planet.net (Bill Sohl)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 08:29:55 -0500
Someone wrote:
> Well, I finally got my new baby home over the weekend ('72 TR6 CC
> 85318).

> I will soon have to go through the NJ state registration/inspection
> process and I would like to know from any other New Jersey TR6 owners
> what to expect.  In particular, I'm concerned about the emmisions
> testing (I know lights, brakes, etc. need to be working).

Consider registering the car with ANTIQUE plates.  Your 72 is
25 years old, so it qualifies.  The fee is a ONE TIME registration
and there is NO annual inspection at all.  Use of the car with
antique tags would eliminate all but an occasion drive to work
on weekdays, but using it at other times for occasional
use is not a problem.  We drive our TR-3 on summer evenings, weekends
etc without problem.  The insurance is also cheaper too.

You also asked about a NJ Triumph club:

      New Jersey Triumph Association

The New Jersey Triumph Association (founded 1979) is
a club of over 150 Triumph owners and enthusiasts.
(You do not have to own a Triumph to join.)

NJTA publishes a monthly newsletter and hosts or participates
in an average of one event every month.
There is a club event this coming Sunday June 1.
Events include:
monthly meetings, area car shows, Triumph tech sessions,
social events, rallies and road tours.  In 1990 and 1995,
NJTA also hosted a Vintage Triumph Register Northeastern
regional meet.  NJTA is an official chapter of the Vintage
Triumph Register, the only national organization for owners
and enthusiasts of all Triumph models.

NJTA meets at 7:30PM on the 4th Monday of
every month (except December) at
O'Conners Beef 'n Ale House in Warren, NJ.

Membership dues for NJTA is $25 for the first year of
membership and $20 a year after that..

To join NJTA now, just send name, address and dues to:

   NJTA - New Membership
   PO Box  6
   Gillette, NJ  07933

Please include details about your car when sending in
new membership info.
For additional information, contact a member near you:

Town  - - - - -  Name  - - -  -  Phone
Bridgewater - Steve Reed (908-722-2804)
Budd Lake - Bill Sohl (201-691-8116)
Edison - Buzz Anthony (908-906-5659)
Lodi -  Jim Holewka (201-470-0745)
Middlesex - Connie Gauthier (908-469-2429)
Plainfield - Allan Rosenberg (908-755-3794)

Our NJTA president's email address is:  BIGALNJ@aol.com

Cheers,
Bill Sohl

Cheers,