Stag ???

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stag ???
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 15:39:52 -0500
Scions,
  A friend of mine in Dallas, Tx has had a Stag (73?) since the mid 70's. he
 has not run it in years. He put a buick V6 and auto tramsmission in it back
in the 80's. He still has the complete original engine and gearbox stored in
his garage. Turns out he removed it because of a problem shifting but that
turned out to be a bad pressure plate (of course discovered after the
conversion).
    He is wanting to get rid of things collecting around his house, sail
boats, cars, old girlfriends, etc. I suggested he put it on a trailer with
the engine and take it to the VTR event in Ft. Worth to sell it.
   The body is straight, original white paint, and last time I looked there
was no obvious rust. He did modify the hood with an airscoop to clear the
V6's carb though.
     Do you think he could get 3k for all of this? Is that too much , too
little? He was wanting  to sell the engine separatly but I was telling him
it would be best to keep the car intact. Any ideas or suggestions out there?
I'd be tempted but I just started this Spitfire resurection.
I'll be out of the office and won't be checking my email until Friday
afternoon.
Thanks,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L (looking good for Cowtown)
71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L (Sitting in Primer waiting it's turn)
Austin, Tx
www.exact.com/~gt6mk3