Re: Reality Check,

To: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Reality Check,
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 23:19:10 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DUHART JOHN wrote:

> Hey Scott,
>
>         What sections of your frame did he cut out?
>
>         What was his hourly rate? My guy is $60 per hour.
>
>         Did you frame get sand blasted and painted?
>
>         How many hours did each individual job take?
>
>         I'm trying to determine if the guy I'm using is doing this job in
>pretty
> much standard times.
>
> Later,
> JHD IV

John:

Here's the breakdown in my own words:

1.      Cut out front upper control arm mounts & weld new
        plates & well nuts.
2.      Cut out frame to upper control arm supports, fabricate
        new & weld.
3.      Remove fuel & brake lines, fabricate plates & weld to
        inside of outer frame rails (front to middle section of car)
4.      Remove rear cross member support plate, repair underlying
        frame area, reweld section back in with extra support.
5.      Remove rear lower control arms, cut out, level, & reweld
        rear frame mounting section.
6.      Cut out frame rail sections, fabricate plates & reweld in.
7.      Remove & replace rear suspension tower crossmember.

The frame was not sandblasted but was striped back to bare metal
using a power wire brush.

Total labor was 40 hours at $32 per hour.

Hope this helps.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6