Re: Reality Check,

To: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Reality Check,
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 07:06:57 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DUHART JOHN wrote:

> Hey All,
>
>         Well I just had my frame repaired and painted for my TR6.  What
>started
> as a $1,000 job went over.  I would like a check with the web to
> determine if the times this person is taking to do some jobs is correct.
>
> Degrease, sandblast and two coats of paint plus wax-oil(sp) 9-10 hours
>
> Cutout and replacing trailing arm cross member  (very rusty with a poorly
> done fix by DPO with 1/4 in. metal) 6 hours each
>
> replace one diff mounting point, again had to remove poorly done fix by
> DPO 3 hours
>
>         I wish I the welding and sandblasting equip and experience, but I
>don't
> and I want to frame to be right.
>
> Later,
> JHD IV

JHD IV:

Just had my frame repaired, etc. Had some MAJOR
structural problems do to rust and past damage,
including DPO. Included cutting out bad sections
and welding in new framing, rust proofing (if can
be done) inside of frame where cut out, etc., etc.
Alot of work.

The cost was $1,300. I trust the shop and feel that
the price was good and the work is excellent.

For those in Central PA, the shop is Mount Joy Auto
Works (Mount Joy is between Harrisburg & Lancaster,
town next to Elizabethtown). Younger owner who really
knows his body work and engines. Developing a restoration
business in addition to his regular service. Highly
recommended.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6