Re: Ultimate Compliment

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Ultimate Compliment
From: "Bill Hooper" <hooper@rf.capitolweb.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 00:57:58 -0500
> From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
> Hi Barry & the original author of Ultimate Compliment
> This must be a special 'Triumph' thing ?

No, it's a British Car thing.
I had a very rough XK 140 for a couple of years, & sold because of the
Thing.

TOO OFTEN when I'd come back to the car from paying for gas, SOMEONE WOULD
BE SITTING IN MY CAR.  Touching the dash, trying to turn the wheel,
pressing the starter button, tromping pedals, getting a pitcher took.

"Oh, I'm just looking at it."

Always women.  Men would reach over the doors & peek & touch, but probably
didn't want to reveal that much enthusiasm.

GET OUT OF MY CAR!

The glaring husbands/boyfriends watching from the neighboring Truck/Eastern
Car/MassMobile were always a giggle, though.

Have always had the GT6.  Attracts touchers & picture fiends, but excludes
small pests.  Glaring emasculatees are still presented.  Plus, cannot be so
easily described & recognized by the highway constabulary.