Re: catalytic converter

Subject: Re: catalytic converter
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 21:47:47 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Assuming this can be done effectively, I'd say it's an excellent idea.  I
have no idea how catalytic converters work, but they seem to be a better
means of reducing emissions than lowering compression ratios, retarding
ignition, etc.  However, I seem to recall that the last time I suggested
that catalytic converters are good, I was told they rob an engine of more
power than the aforementioned methods.  Perhaps a more modern one is less
of a problem.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)