Re: Strombergs and SU's

To: WFDAEHLE@mail.delcoelect.com
Subject: Re: Strombergs and SU's
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 14:41:59 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Art,
>
>  When did the TR4 engine get the switch from SU's to Strombergs?
>
>  Was it around CT21470?  Was it an option or something?  Did it switch back
>  and forth?
>  What do you have in your daily driver?  Your commission number is really
>  close to mine.
>

>  TR4
>  CT25340
>  Will Daehler

Will, bit of a problem on this because the records which I have show engine
numbers and they do not correspond exactly to commission numbers.  BUT - the
good news is that you are probably in a range which is easy to determine.  My
engine number was CT33424E  (E= engine), about 308 higher than my commission
number(CT33118L).   So I would guess that your original engine was CT25500E
or higher (maybe up to CT25650E).  That said -

Here's what the carbs look like.
 SU's from CT1E to CT16800E
then a test run of ZS's from CT16801E to CT16900E
then back to SU's from CT16901E to CT21471E
then ZS's for the rest of the TR4's (CT40304 was the last TR4 - built in Dec
'64)

So - you (as did I ) had ZS's as original equipment.  Now if your engine has
been replaced then you'll have to refigure using the above info.  (For
example my engine has been replaced but is still within the ZS range).

Hope that answers your question.  If you need anymore help please come back
to me.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant