Re: Special Interest Car Parts

To: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Subject: Re: Special Interest Car Parts
From: Glenn Franco <gfranco@provide.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 23:05:07 +0100
Cc: Ed Carbone <ecarbone@global2000.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin Libhart wrote:

> Ed Carbone wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> >       This company is having a sale on TR6 body parts. The prices are
> > about 30-40% less then other mail order suppliers. Has anyone had
> > experiance with this company as to the quality of these products?
> > tks
> > Ed C.
> ED:
>
> Have had no problems with orders from SICP - however, have not ordered
> any sheetmetal from them, just engine & suspension parts.  So far, so
> good.
>
> Martin Libhart
------------------------------
I finally found my SICP flier with the body parts on sale. I have
ordered alot of MGB  and TR6 panels from these guys and found them to be
of the same quality as TRF and Moss. I got leyland rockers for my 74 TR6
last year and got some knock offs from TRF back in 91 when they were
harder to get and they didn't fit so swell.

One thing they lack is a good track record on filling back orders. I
ordered a bunch of parts which included the inner TR6 rocker for $24 and
got the left but the rights been on back order since April 2 when I
ordered it. If you check out the flyer they still have them on sale but
no parts. TRF doesn't have it either. I'll get this part through Moss.

Glenn Franco

71 & 74 TR6's