Insurance

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Insurance
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 15:39:15 -0400
I was pleasantly surprised when I went to insure my TR6 at State Farm, the
carrier for my other car and our homeowner's. They have an historic car
category that has a 2500 mile clause, but they allow "occasional" pleasure
use. This also seems to allow occasional use to and from work (I stress
occasional). I have a "stated-value" policy, and should update this each
year. They emphasized the use for shows, displays, and parades, rather than
commuting and pleasure drives, but they didn't seem to be anxious about it.
The price was reasonable; about $150 per year. Obligatory disclaimer
applies....

I got a call from an organizer of the Cortland County Dairy Parade last
night. (June is Dairy Month!) Seems they need convertibles for the Dairy
Queen contestants to ride in for the parade next month. Being the nice guy
that I am, I agreed. The parade route goes past the insurance company's
office...

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)