Re: Insurance

To: peb3@cornell.edu, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 00:03:41 -0400 (EDT)
Please be careful and fully discuss accident scenarios with your agent or
even with the local underwriter including theft or total loss. "Stated value"
is NOT "appraised value" or "agreed to value". Each is different. We have had
many members cry over stated value losses. Just because they agree to insure
it for that much does NOT state they will reimburse you that amount for total
loss. There are a lot of loopholes in these policies. Each Co is different
too. I speak from personal experience and those of at least 6 other members
over the last 10 years I have helped recoup some of their loss.. Not implying
the agent means less than your best interests...just suggesting that ANYONE
who thinks they are covered this way against all loss is usually  not.
Couldn't hurt to KNOW. Talk to your agents. I have been with Condon and
Skelly via St. Paul Mutual for 25 years...have made many approved cross
country trips (no additional charge and no affect on your mileage limits of
3000 or 2500 miles if you notify in advance) and have had two claims...one
major. They are simply great. An enthusiasts agancy. Call Jonathan Barlow at
909-279-4002 west coast business hours for more info. No association on my
part...just a great agent who understands the TR mentality (and yes my 55
T'Bird is insured there too.)
Bill Burroughs, So West VTR National Rep, 70 TR6, 68 TR250, 59 TR3A,
73 MKIV, 69 GT6+ and two 65 TR4A Vintage Race cars. Happy Motoring!