Re: French Blue

To: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: French Blue
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 10:25:50 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 14 May 1997, Gregory Petrolati wrote:

> On Wed, 14 May 1997, Edward Hutchinson wrote:
>
> > Curious as to what shade French Blue is. Any help out there.
> >
> > Ed
>
>       Have you seen the blue the GP racing Bugattis were painted?
>
>       THAT'S French Blue!

Well, yeah Greg ;-), but not the French Blue used on Triumphs. As Chad
suggested, Triumph's French Blue is more like a Wedgwood color, perhaps
with a bit more grey or black mixed in.

If you can, look at: <http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/dupont2.jpg>.
To me, the whole chart looks a shade or two too dark on my monitor, but
you'll get a rough idea of French blue from that.

--Andy