Re: Guestbook entry re: Non Delivery of parts.

To: Sales <sales@rimmer.netkonect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Guestbook entry re: Non Delivery of parts.
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 14:54:25 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> We have tried to deliver the parts that you ordered to the address you
> supplied originally (234 Farmhouse Lane) without success.  We asked you for
> confirmation (by email) of the address that you wished us to use for a
> second attempt, but as yet have not received a reply. (perhaps our message
> went astray ??). I can assure you that had that information been received
> then the parts would have been re-issued.
> We find your comments to be most unfair and feel that perhaps a telephone
> call would have been more appropriate to resolve the situation.
> Please indicate if you wish to go ahead with a re-issue of parts or whether
> you would prefer a full refund.

Back in December I ordered a hose kit from you folk.

The order came, and was shipped back.  I discovered this at my post office.  I
promptly
e-mailed you folk, appologized for the mess, gave a new longer address (dual
address
actually), and added some items to the order.

Your folk replied, thanking me, and telling me when the package arrived in your
shop it
would be remailed with the new address.

Several months went by, and I e-mailed to you folks twice at the end of March,
asking if
there was a problem, and when the package had been shipped.  For it most
assuredly
hadn't arrived in this nation.  On the second e-mail, I got a brief reply on
April 1,
telling me you had had e-mail problems, and that the package would be with me
shortly.
Pretty clear indication that in fact you all had not actually remailed my
package like
your people had said they would.  Also a pretty clear indication that it was in
fact
currently being shipped.  Something now even more clearly not true.

My credit card was never billed for the additional items I had ordered.  You
folks had
ignored my second order.

Last week at the begining of May (five months after I placed the order I never
received) I finally wrote you all again, telling you I was very disapointed in
all this,
that I had obtained the parts elsewhere, and to cancel the order.  I heard
absolutely
nothing from you.

The other day, nearly a week after writing you, I posted a comment about your
inadeqacies and poor handling of my order in your guest book.  Only then did
you finally
reply to me, and only to complain about me.

For you to try to tell me that you've e-mailed me about my address sir, is an
absolute,
bald faced lie.  I e-mailed you about it before you had any idea there was a
problem.

For you to try to tell me that if you had an address you would have reisued the
package
is another lie.  You've had my address for many months now.  You had a
corrected address
before that package came back to your shop in fact.  Your folk even told me on
April 1 that you'd shipped the package.  Another lie quite clearly.

For you to try to tell me my comments are most unfair is absurd.  I have been
extremely
patient with you folk.  Far more so then I obviously should have been.  The
initial mail
address problem was mine.  Everything else was 100% your fault.  Not most of
it, not
some of it, but absolutely all of it.

You have lied to me innumerous times now over the course of several months
regarding my
order.  You are lying to me now trying to tell me I never gave you a good
address, and
that you contacted me about it.

I _strongly_ suggest there be some quality control auditing and honesty
training done
within Rimmers, for the problem clearly lies within the walls of Rimmers.  The
company
seems to clearly reflect the dishonesty and deceit of its employees.  I have no
problem
with understanding accidents and mistakes happen.  But for you to now attempt
to portray
it as my fault, and portray me as unfair... you go too far.

> Assuring you of our best attention,

Lying to a customer is not a way to assure them of your best intentions.

Sincerely,

Nolan Penney

PS:  CANCEL THE ORDER, REFUND THE MONEY

PPS:  You failed to properly delete my guest book entry.  All you've done is
change it
to a car I don't have.  That did read Spitfire yesterday, not TR8.