Re: Probs with Rimmer bros.

To: spitfire1500@named.dalton.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Probs with Rimmer bros.
From: Bryan Johnson <ca4bjo@isis.sunderland.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 18:20:15 -0700
Ron H. wrote >

That doesn't sound like a problem, more like impatience.  When the parts
came, why didn't you refuse shipment? (Not sure why)

  You did not say whether you had already paid Rimmers or not. (Payment
had gone through at that time)

  If you paid already, did you get a refund, minus restocking fee? (Did
i HELL!, thats one of the main problems.)

  You didn't state any other problems, (Such as?)

 so what's the deal with Rimmers?  I've used them alot, and taking into
account shipping and customs, I still come out a few dollars ahead.  I
haven't had any major problems with Rimmers, but I've had problems with
all suppliers, minor and major problems.  If a part is taking too long
to be recieved and they still have the part at their facility, I'll ask
them to overnight the part at THEIR expense.  They usually will, if not,
the order gets cancelled, or the shipment refused when it is delivered.
( The part that got me was they refused to cancel the order even before
it had been sent to parcel post, They still had the package.(I was told
they had the package) Like i said the guy on the phone was an arse
hole(asshole), maybe not every day but that day he was.
I used to always use rimmers because they have a good cat. with plenty
of descriptions and had found there service quite good, but on this
particular day Well...what can i say but, what an Arsehole he just
refused to cancel, the rest is history.

Ron N. Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - waiting for a main harness - FM66513UO
62 Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - waiting for restoration - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073

Thanx bry.