The Bitch Is Back..

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Bitch Is Back..
From: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 08:53:23 -0400
Listers,

As most of you know, my first year of triumph ownership has been a
trying (and expensive) experience, mainly due to my lack of mechanical
experience.  Sybill has been running beautifully since my local LBC
mechanic installed the rebuilt tranny.

I swapped cars with my husband yesterday -- felt *so guilty* pulling
away in the Miata -- and Sybill gave him one hell of a bad day.
Apparently, she started running real rough by the office, and at the end
of the day just died on him at the bank.  She refused to start.
Engine would turn over, wouldn't catch.  Good man that he is, he popped
the hood and started checking parts.  Pulled plugs and cleaned them up
(sooty).  Sybill started after this, but continued to run rough.

I haven't had a chance to really look at the engine this morning, other
than to check the distributor cap and the dashpots.  One dashpot is way
low.  She turned over for me, but sounded rough.

My question is what else should I look for, besides checking points, and
other ignition stuff ?  Would a low dashpot cause this ?  I seem to
remember a thread that suggested it would.  My mechanic had adjusted the
idle rather low the last time I was there.

Expert advice welcome....I'd like to have her running for British Car
Week !

Carol "Still Learning" Zingone
74 TR6 -- Sybill