oil pressure, supertrapp

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: oil pressure, supertrapp
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 17:17:44 -0700
I mounted a Smiths "safety" gauge under the eyeball in the dash, in
front of the passenger (sort of) - the oil pressure is taken from
a T at the idiot light (which also feeds the rocker oil delivery tube),
and the temp probe goes into the oil cooler plumbing. Works a treat.

I've got a 2.25 (I think) Supertrapp on this car as well ('70 GT6+);
more or less a straight pipe back from the Triumph Tune header,
which then takes a 45 degree bend. The 'Trapp is hung from the
original bracket on the body and points out at an angle,
right under the left rear corner.

Got a *very* distinctive sound, but not so loud that it's intolerable on
long trips (well, not with 6-7 plates on it).