Re: TR3B stator tubes

To: "Dan C. Houser" <dchouser@shelby.net>
Subject: Re: TR3B stator tubes
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 08:51:09 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dan C. Houser wrote:

> Henry,
> Sorry, my steering wheel spokes are at 3,6,& 9. Must be non-adjustable.
> Surely someone on the
> net has a TR3B disassembled and could give you the correct measurements
> for the adjustable
> stator tube.

I sure hope so! I still need them! Anyone?!?

> I have a question about hood pins. What is original for the TR3B ? Your
> car on your web page
> has the same type as mine, but the way mine are installed does not look
> to be factory.
> Any help would be appreciated.

The pictures on my web site have no bonnet installed, and the brackets
for the dzus fasteners are not there as well.

As I have seen, the bracket for the dzus fastner is mounted to the inner
fender, TRF says orange shims are used to adjust the height of the
bracket, which in turn aligns the height of the closed bonnet.

The dzus fastner is installed thru the hole in the bonnet. First, the
grommet goes thru the hole from the top side, then the dzus fastner goes
in. The assembly is attached from the underside of the bonnet with the
washer.
--
| Henry Frye                          E-mail thefryes@iconn.net |