TR3B stator tubes

To: "Dan C. Houser" <dchouser@shelby.net>
Subject: TR3B stator tubes
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 12:42:03 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dan C. Houser wrote:

> Henry,
> Another twist. The steering column stator tube from my 63 TR3B has the
> following dimensions:
> 61 3/8 " long (rigid steel)
> 3/8" O.D.
> 9/32" I.D.
> Has a 1 3/4" long, 1/16" wide split cut in the end opposite the "olive".
> As far as I know, this is a non-adjustable column. Or, I haven't found a
> way to adjust it yet.
>
> Danny Houser
> 1963 TR3B TCF2045L

Danny,

I really appreciate your taking the time to put together the
measurements for me. The fact the tube has the long split makes me think
the tube is for an adjustable column.

If you have web access, please look at my web page. If your steering
wheel looks like mine, three spokes evenly spaced, you have an
adjustable column. If your steering wheel has three spokes that emanate
from the steering wheel an the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock position, you have the
non-adjustable steering column. I would appreciate it if you could
clarify for me which you have, as it appears I will be making a stator
tube from scratch. (Or going to Carlisle to find one!)

Nobody has a stator tube from a two piece adjustable steering column
they wish to see go to a good home???
--
| Henry Frye                          E-mail thefryes@iconn.net |