Aftermarket Oil Gauges

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Aftermarket Oil Gauges
From: Mark Townsend <markt@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 21:12:14 -0400
I was contemplating installing an aftermarket oil gauge in my 76 spitfire.

Question> anyone have any recommendations for sender location or gauge type.

I am looking to install a mechanical gauge and I was thinking of a location
in the cylinder head for the sender. Does anyone know of a good location in
the factory head? Should I think about installing in the block instead?

I would really like to leave the idiot light sender alone - lights are
useful at times and I really hate disconnecting stock equipment.

I appreciate everyone's consideration/input.

Mark Townsend
Rochester, NH (Near Portsmouth)
76 Spitfire
87 Turbo Quattro