Re: ;o( Thanks for playing...

To: STEVEN_E.JABLON@roche.com
Subject: Re: ;o( Thanks for playing...
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 6 May 97 9:14:59
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Steve, you wrote:

>>This past weekend, I anxiously put the manifolds and carbs back on my
     '76 TR6 after sandblasting and repainting the parts; making them like
     new.  I installed a new air manifold (the old one was less than
     useless, at best).  Hoses and spark plugs were also replaced.  I
     thought with all these improvements, my TR HAS to run better, right?

     WRONG, and thanks for playing!  :o(  Now it's not getting enough fuel.
     I have a clear fuel filter before the carbs which is visibly not
     getting enough fuel to fill the filter half way.  It won't turn over
     and just runs the battery down.

     I have a new fuel pump on order (good idea to replace anyway), along
     with new points and condenser.  Does anyone recommend something I
     might be overlooking??  In the past, it has run only after
     considerable efforts to start it.<<

Your car is probably getting plenty of fuel -- ªhalf-filledª is what clear fuel
filters look like.  I would check some other things before replacing the fuel
pump ... such as
the way in which you reassembled the intake manifold and carbs.  Were the air
cleaner gaskets put on correctly?  Misorientation of these is a common cause of
Z-S starvation.  Plug wires all on the right cylinders?  Stuff like that.  Good
luck ... and .. ªthanks for playing.ª ;-)
--
Martin Secrest