Re: Electric fans - Kenlowe vs. Hayden?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric fans - Kenlowe vs. Hayden?
From: Daniel Pruzan <dpruzan@nearinc.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 08:44:26 -0400
Cc: stag@mailgate.wizvax.net
John Cowan wrote:

>     I'm trying to decide whether to buy a Kenlowe or a Hayden fan to
> supplement my weary TR-3A cooling system until I am able to redo it.
>    Does anyone have strong opinions about which is better.  I'm interested
> in performance, reliability and ease of installation.
>    I was going to buy a Kenlowe because I could choose between manual and
> adjustable thermostatic control (the Hayden has fixed thermostatic control,
> turning on at 185 and off at 170), because I have known about it for some
> time, seen it on other TR-3s, and because I hadn't heard of the Hayden
> until receiving the recent Moss price list.
>    A friend from the list recommends Hayden because you can get parts for
> it and their warrantee response is better.
>     Any thoughts?  Thanks.
> John
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
> experiment, plus articles, article outlines and Left/Progressive links at:
>            http://sj.znet.com/~jfcowan/

John and others,

I am also about to purchase an electric fan.  It seems that alot of
recent production cars have used electric fans and I was wondering if
there are any that can be easily adapted to our cars.  Wiring up the
motor would probably be easy, but the thermostatic control might be more
of a pain.  Has anyone on the list has had any luck with purchasing a
used unit from a junk yard?

Thanks

Dan Pruzan
71 Stag