Re: ZS150 Dashpot Oil Level

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: ZS150 Dashpot Oil Level
From: David M Brock <dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 13:22:29 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Andy:

Thanks for the quick reply.  When I originally got it, there were traces
of a fluid that my (mechanic) friend said was automatic tranny fluid-
red, and sweet smelling (he didn't take long to identify it, so I trust
him).  It worked then- but I wasn't trying to lift the piston.  Wasn't
until after the first winter, when I went to top everything up, and the
Haynes said use 10W30, which I did, and the thing didn't move.  I
figured that it was thin enough, because that's what it called for.

I haven't tried it with it unscrewed (but full of oil) I guess I'll try
that tonight.  Also, maybe with some *really* light oil.

David

PS- That harness was a perfect match, and my only problems now are with my
old hazard flasher unit that is shot.  I think it was in the heart of
the fire- that might be why.  Only took a few afternoons to get it in too!
I feel like an expert now. ;-)

--
David Brock                       dmbrock@julian.uwo.ca