Re: FW: Stuck Bonnet

To: CMaster808@aol.com
Subject: Re: FW: Stuck Bonnet
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 08:26:15 EDT
Cc: wrburgman@sbt.net, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

  I seem to remember them saying something like going at it from
>behind the
>glove box????    Is anybody out there that knows how to cure this for
>sure
>hate to send Rick on a wild one???????
>
>Chet

I missed the first part of this thread, but if your asking how to open a
stuck hood (bonnet...)
YES!!! In fact there is a Triumph Service Bulletin on how to fix this.
You remove the glove box, and should see the med size rubber grommet that
either the heater or choke  cable passes through the firewall. Next, go
get that really long screwdriver  from your toolbox, (I prefer a phillips
head) and stick it through the grommet. Then move the screwdriver around
until you can feel it against the latch assy., and "lever" it sideways.
It helps if someone else pushes down on the latch area of the hood at the
same time to release some of the tension from the spring latch. I know
from experience that this system works! I will look for the TSB from the
old BL service book. (our club is lucky enough to have a few past BL
dealership mechanics who actually kept all that good stuff).

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald