Questions about a 65 TR4

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Questions about a 65 TR4
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 97 9:40:03 -0400
Hey All,

        A friend a work is about to pickup a 65 TR4 for $4,000.  The car has
new
inter & paint.  Has the paperwork for an engine rebuild that was done
less than a 1,000 miles ago.  It is complete from what he tells me.  No
OD, and live axel.  I've warned him about the spots on the frame to
check, but my assumption is they are they same spots as on a TR6, is this
correct?

        This sounds like a good deal to me, what do people think?

        Also what should I tell my friend to be looking for on this car before
he completes the purchase?

Later,
JHD IV