Re: Spitfire wheels

To: Michael Cline <mcline@c4.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire wheels
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 08:45:26 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael Cline wrote:

> I like the information on the Spitfire wheels. I have a 70 GT6+ that I
> am thinking of puting on the 8 spoke repro minilite alloys (5" x 13")
> from VB or Moss. What tires do I put on them? The original size tire,
> 155SR-13? or ????? Any suggestions?
> A new member of the Digest
>
> Mike Cline
> 70 GT6+
> mcline@c4.com
> day phone: 303-645-1421
> Denver, CO

Mike:

I have the alloys you are referring to for my Spitfire.  The tires will
be 175/70x13's, a good equivalent to 155R13, with a little wider
profile.  They look good on the car, in my opinion.  And by the way, be
sure when you have the mounted that you are dealing with someone that
understands mounting tires on an alloy with clearcoat finish.  Be picky
about who you have do it.  In my case, I'm fortunate, having a fellow
british car enthusiast that works with the equipment and can do the job.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire Mk.3 (under restoration)