Re: Exploding Spitfires (& SU carb woes)

To: s1500@worldnet.att.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Exploding Spitfires (& SU carb woes)
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 08:49:33 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-01 22:48:15 EDT, s1500@worldnet.att.net (Bob Sykes)
writes:

<< Seriously I do have a concern in this regard.  My car with the
 SU HS4 carbs is still spewing fuel occasionally.  It comes out
 the float chamber vents and drips close enough to the exhaust
 system to worry me.  I've tried new needle valves, Grose Jets
 and a fuel pressure regulator trying to stop the float chambers
 from flooding.  The Grose Jets & regulator helped considerably.

We had this problem with a TR 3 after a complete nut and bolt rebuild.  We
finally determined that there was a constant feed of dirt coming in the fuel
line.  Just a speck under the needle is all it takes.  Might try flushing out
the fuel lines, check fuel filter, stuff like that.  Hope you find the
problem
Bob Paul