Re: dry sump?

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: dry sump?
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 13:40:42 +0100 (BST)
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Thu, 1 May 1997, Peter Zaborski wrote:

> While perusing a recent writeup of the Ferrari 550, I noticed that the engine
> is described as having a "dry sump". Can anyone shed a light on what this
> means?

This is a common feature on triumphs as well. My spitfire has a dry sump
that requires it to have the oil level checked before I drive anywhere in it.
After it has been filled to the top it reverts to it's dry status after
about 200 miles driving. :-)

Johnny Storm
'77 Spitfire 1500 (fitted with S.U petrol ejection)