Re: Rear Steer?

To: triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rear Steer?
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:15:34 -0500
Philip E. Barnes wrote:

  Jeff Hapke says:
  "When I get off of the gas, the nose of my car (TR6) dives to the
  right, back on
  the gas and it straightens out."

  My car does the same thing. I'm wondering if my frame has a weak
  spot that
  is flexing. The alignment of my car was set up with no complaints
  from the
  fellow that did the work, and the car tracks straight and sits
  level. All
  the bushings are new front and rear. I'd be interested in the source
  of
  this problem, as well. I don't recall the car doing this when I
  drove it
  regularly 15 years ago.

  Phil Barnes
  peb3@cornell.edu
  '71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)

    My 71 '6  Does basically the same thing.  I have new  bushings front
and back, and uprated springs. The car doesn't pull in either direction
while excelerating.  I thought it was because my lever shocks  need to
be replaced. Any insight would be helpful.

    Now  if my 9.5:1 head would just get here.  My three year old son
has been asking for a ride.  Do car seats fit in a '6? :-)

--
Roger Helman
71 TR6 CC67866L