Re: TR6 Tires

To: triumph@uriel.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Tires
From: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 13:15:26 GMT
triumph@uriel.net,Mail writes:
>Try Coker Tire.  They are making a NEW replacement redline specifically
>for the TR6.  They are about $129.00 each.  This is NOT their old
>"Commander" line of tires.
This is true.  However the Cokers only come in the 75 series.  195/75x15 is one
of the correct sizes to replace the old 185's for sure but I wanted to go
wider.  Bought from AAA instead and got 205/70's.

>There is also a company in Las Vegas that
>remolds tires with redlines.
AAA-Antique Automotive Accessories

> They advertise in the color section of
>Hemmings.  I bought some for my Dad's TR6 that were remolded on Michelin
>casings.  They look great
Ditto.

> and drive out nicely.
Will let you know as soon as mine hit the road in a couple of weeks.

> Another member of our
>club bought a set that were molded on goodyear 215/65R15 casings.  He is
>very pleased.
Another one of our guys just got a set of 205/70's for his TR250.  He's not
ready for the road yet either.