TR6 Tires

To: jpeyronnin@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Tires
From: jmerone@vtetv.org (Joe Merone)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 17:55:20 GMT
>From: JPeyronnin@aol.com
>Subject: TR6 tires

>Need tires for 71 TR6 restoration...really want red lines but want quality
>and safty for hiway cruising...help with any suggestions or suppliers..any
>readers with these tires?
>TKS

>JP

JP,

This subject has been around and around on this newsgroup.  One option is to
call British Wire Wheel of Santa Cruz CA and pay about $169 each for Avons with
a cut in and painted redline.  Good brand new tires but that red stripe will be
brown by July 4th.

Or call John at Antique Automotive Accessories 1-800-742-6777.   Their web page
is (www.classicar.com/vendors/antautac).  They have both 70 and 65 series
radials (Michelin and Goodyear) that they remould with rubber redlines.  Yes,
these are what may be referred to as recaps but the technology is something
completely different.  Approximately $99 each.  That way you get a modern tire
with a redline.  They're beautiful.  I bought a set and can't wait to try them
out.

Right now I've got my rear end competely out doing a rebush and diff mount
changover.  Promised months ago to tell the list how they perform.  Stay tuned.

Joe Merone
South Burlington, VT
CF18928