Re: Carlisle

To: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Subject: Re: Carlisle
From: Jay Wassall <wassallj@philly.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:19:37 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Edward Hutchinson wrote:

> Example:  If someone buys a car at Carlisle to take to NY does the person
> have to pay PA sales tax?
>
> Also, never having been there, is there a very good selection of TR6s?
>
> Tks
>
> Ed
You do not have to pay PA sales tax if you are taking the car out of
state, you only have to pay it if you title it in Pennsylvania.  PA does
require you to have their titles notarized and if you buy a PA titled
vehicle and get it up to New York you will not be able to get the title
transferred as PA has told all the other states that they will not
process a title transfer unless the title is notarized.  I found this
out the hard way about 6 years ago when I was living in Delaware.
--
    _       _
   |    |    |           1959 TR3A TS42661L
  \ R I U M P /