Re: Triumph Tune

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Stephen Hill <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Triumph Tune
From: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:31:41 -0700
Stephen Hill wrote:

> Hi. I am new to the list. I have a 1972 TVR has the Triumph TR6 engine. I
> am looking for a little more power. Some of you will know that the fuel
> injected TR6 engines in the early Triumphs produced about 150 hp, and by
> the mid 70's with pollution controls and Strombergs, the power was down to
> about 105 hp. So in my pursuit for some more power, the car now has triple
> Webers and a header. (The easy stuff). I am planning on putting in a cam,
> ignition, etc. I was wondering if anbody on the list has any experience
> making this engine perform? And is anybody aware of any good
> books/literature on hopping up the TR6 engine? Thanks a lot. Stephen

Setphen,

>From your subject I thought you allready had your answer. The
TriumphTune catalog from Moss Motors has all that info. I don't have
thier e-mail, but they should be fairly easy to find.
Also try John Kipling Spares at <http://www.kipping.co.uk/> I belive
they mostly deal in Small chassis Triumphs, but they may have info or
engine parts for TR-6 motors.

Good Luck,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds