Re: Spitfire 'mudflaps'

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire 'mudflaps'
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:17:43 +0100 (BST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sun, 27 Apr 1997, Nolan Penney wrote:

> >Dear all, I have recently fitted the rubber flaps to my spit 1500
> >that go between the inner arches and the bulkhead. How exactly are they
>
> Mine on an '80 fit with screw clips to the arches only.  I don't see how
> they could affect opening or closing of the bonnet though.

Perhaps it is because the rubber is still stiff, but they are folding up
when getting caught on the bulkhead. A couple of the clips have come off
now (!) so it's not so much of a problem. I was told by TRGB to have 8 on
each side. Someone mentioned they only had five. Well that's about as
many as I have left!!

Johnny Storm '77 Spitfire 1500